12 October 2007

Break Away to Houston

Thanks to Ali, I now have this cool blog site to put pictures and updates on what's been going on in my life. Just a few weeks ago, I finished my 3rd year rotaitons for school - closing it off with Pediatrics.

Of course, thanks to that rotation,
I'm now home quarantined to my
bedroom with CHICKEN POX!!
Mine don't look that nasty, but you
get the point! Ironically, I'm still
thinking that Pediatrics is the field
for me.

But, I did manage to find some time to take a break from school and go home to visit Houston.

I caught one of the "retirement" games of a childhood idol Craig Biggio...got to go and see it with Amy, Eric, Sandy and Zack...who, as you can tell if you look closely, found it much more interesting to keep all fluids outside of his mouth than inside!










Later in the week, Eric and I went to see the Dynamo and Galaxy play. It was supposed to be Beckham's inaugural game in Houston, but with his recent injuries, he turned out to be a no-show. We did get to see some good soccer and stars including Landon Donovan and Colby Jones.
The remainder of the trip was nothing but studying mixed a little hanging out with the family. Of course, this also entailed yard work - in spite of heavy downpour! Of course, this can't come as much of a surprise to anyone who's spent more than 30 minutes at my parents house...since in that amount of time, you are certain to have heard Dad using the blower at least once.



And now, back to the grind,

and stress...

with just 5 1/2 weeks to prepare for yet another examination!

One more down...who the hell knows how many more to go!

2 comments:

~Ali said...

I love the picture of the cat!! It sounds like you had a great time in Houston. I wish we could have been there. I'm so glad that the chicken pox aren't as bad as in the picture shown. I'm sure it still sucks. I also LOVE your profile pic. Very cute accessory. I'm so glad you are doing this. It will be so fun, and I'm sure we can talk your mom in to doing one too.

Amy said...

dude. if you gave me the chicken pox i'm going to be PISSED